The Housing Authority of the County of Butte (HACB) continues to monitor and follow the guidance provided by the State of California, the County of Butte’s Public Health Department, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to address the impact of the potential spread of the coronavirus “COVID-19”.
Please click here for more information.



PORTABILITY and the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Offers a Broad Choice In Where To Live

Now that you are receiving federal housing assistance, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) wants you to have a broad range of choice in where to live. One of the top priorities of HUD is to broaden housing choices for low-income families. The Section 8 Voucher Program does not restrict you may live. Often families with low incomes are restricted to high poverty areas. If you live in such an area, your Voucher provides you with the means to move, and you are encouraged to do so.

Moving out of areas of high poverty or low opportunity offers significant advantages to Section 8 families. Moving will allow you to select a home in close proximity to better education, jobs, public transportation, public services, and shopping, select a home within a neighborhood that offers the amenities you desire, low crime rate, and/or a home in proximity to the school of your choice for your children. HUD studies show that when families move from high poverty areas, children reach higher levels of school achievement.

Where A Family May Move!

Portability enables a family to move nationwide from one local Housing Authority's jurisdiction to another. The Housing Authority of the County of Butte will coordinate with the Housing Authority in the jurisdiction to which you would like to move to make your move possible. You must check with the Housing Authority in the area where you wish to move before assuming that a transfer will be automatic. You should attempt to find out if there is a Section 8 Program operational in the community to which you would like to move, and the name and address of the person who might be of assistance. If you are unable to obtain this information, this Housing Authority will attempt to obtain the information for you.

Washington Redskins 46" x 60" Deep Slant Micro Raschel Plush Blanket,Men's New Orleans Saints Majestic Black Strong Drive Pocket T-Shirt,Pro Line Mens Arizona Cardinals Darnell Dockett Alternate Jersey.Women's Miami Dolphins Nike White Performance Tank Top,Men's Houston Texans Navy Field Position Pullover Hoodie Official Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys.Junk Food Houston Texans Women's Field Goal Crew Fleece Sweatshirt - Navy Blue,Los Angeles Rams Riddell Navy Mini Speed Helmet,Men's Tampa Bay Buccaneers Majestic Charcoal Big & Tall Kick Return Pullover Hoodie Elite And Limited Seattle Seahawks Jerseys.Mens Houston Texans Majestic Navy Blue Line of Scrimmage T-Shirt,Customized NFL Jerseys, Cheap Personalized NFL Football Jerseys For Sale,Seattle Seahawks Earl Thomas III Legion of Boom Bobblehead.Chicago Bears Women's Cheer Bowler Purse - Navy Blue,Seattle Seahawks 2oz Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Colors. Cordial Bottoms Up Collector Glass,Toddler New York Giants For Bare Feet Big Logo & Name Socks Seattle Seahawks Football Jersey.plain women soccer jerseys wholesale,cheap nfl clothing vouchers,Men's Denver Broncos '47 Brand Navy Hand Drawn Football Scrum T-Shirt,Nike Vincent Jackson Tampa Bay Buccaneers Historic Logo Youth Throwback Game Jersey - Orange Glaze.Men's New England Patriots Nike Red Retro Logo II T-Shirt,Green Bay Packers Newborn Creeper and Pants Set - Ash/Green,New York Giants Team Color Vinyl Duck Keychain.Girls Infant Oakland Raiders Black Cheerleader Dreams Creeper,Women's Seattle Seahawks G-III 4Her by Carl Banks Silver Cover 2 French Terry Crew Long Sleeve T-Shirt

Basic Procedures For Transferring Your Assistance To Another Jurisdiction

1.   Contact the Housing Authority where you received your Voucher for permission to transfer.
2.   Get the name, address, and phone number of the Receiving PHA in the area where you want to move.
3.   Serve proper written Notice to your Landlord (as defined in your Lease) and provide us with a copy.
4.   Make an appointment with your Housing Specialist to update your eligibility information.
5.   You will be issued a Transfer Voucher that will expire 90 days from the date of issue. You are encouraged to use it as soon as possible to avoid termination of rental assistance.
6.   It is your responsibility to contact with the Receiving PHA.
7.   The Receiving PHA's Payment Standards will be used.
8.   Different occupancy standards on the part of the Receiving PHA may change the bedroom size of your Voucher.

If at some point in time you are planning to move out of Butte County and wish to request to transfer your Section 8 assistance, please contact your Housing Specialist for an appointment.


Main Office:
2039 Forest Ave.
Chico, CA 95928


Public Hours:
Monday - Thurday 9AM to 5PM
Friday - 9AM to 12PM

Phone: 530-895-4474
Fax: 530-895-4469
TDD: 800-735-2929
E-Mail: Info@Butte-Housing.com

Click Here for other locations