Farm Labor Housing

The Farm Labor Program offers family housing to "farm labor" workers as defined by USDA Rural Development (RD).

The Farm Labor Housing Program offers housing to qualified farm labor workers who earn a specific amount of of their income in "farm labor" as defined by RD, which is $5,752.50 per year in a farm labor occupation. Although rents are designated by HACB and approved by RD, rental assistance is presently available to subsidize families whose standard rent payment would exceed the benchmark of affordability.

The Farm Labor Housing center is located just outside of the rural community of Gridley. Housing units are owned and maintained by HACB. The families' income and rental payments are adjusted accordingly.

All programs offer affordable housing to those that qualify based upon income, family composition and in some cases, income source and rental history with regard to renter's responsibilities.

More Information regarding the property can be found on our properties page.

If you are interested in applying for public housing, you can visit our Applicants page or contact our office.

The Housing Authority of the County of Butte does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, familial status, source of income, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, or military status, in compliance with Federal and State law.

Equal Opportunity


Main Office:
2039 Forest Ave.
Chico, CA 95928

Monday - Thurday 9AM to 5PM
Friday 9AM to 12PM

Phone: 530-895-4474
Fax: 530-895-4469
TDD: 800-735-2929

Click Here for other locations